The Georgia Southern Eagles (0-5) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Northeastern Huskies (2-3) at 3:00 PM ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at Minges Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN+. In the article below, we dig into the Northeastern vs. Georgia Southern odds and lines around this matchup.
The Huskies are a 4.5-point favorite against the Eagles when the Huskies and the Eagles square off. The game features a point total of 142.5.
Northeastern has a 2-3-0 record against the spread this season compared to Georgia Southern, who is 0-4-1 ATS. A total of four out of the Huskies’ games this season have hit the over, and three of the Eagles’ games have gone over. The two teams put up 140.4 points per game combined, 2.1 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Prepare for this matchup with what you need to know before Tuesday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Northeastern at Georgia Southern odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Northeastern -4.5
- Total: 142.5
- Moneyline: Northeastern -202, Georgia Southern +165
Northeastern vs. Georgia Southern prediction
Northeastern 82, Georgia Southern 67
- Northeastern has been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Huskies have played as a moneyline favorite of -202 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives Northeastern a 66.9% chance to win.
- Georgia Southern has been listed as the underdog four times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- This season, the Eagles have been at least a +165 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for Georgia Southern.
Against the spread
- Northeastern has covered twice in five games with a spread this season.
- Georgia Southern is winless against the spread this season (0-4-1).
- The Huskies score 12.2 fewer points per game (71.2) than the Eagles allow (83.4).
- The Eagles put up 5.2 fewer points per game (69.2) than the Huskies give up (74.4).
- The average implied total for the Huskies this season is 71.8 points, 2.2 fewer points than their implied total of 74 points in Tuesday’s game.
- This season, Northeastern has totaled more than 74 points in a game three times.
- The Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (75.0 points) is 6.0 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- This year, Georgia Southern has scored more than 69 points once.